|Name||Delivery Start||Delivery End||Basis||Cash Price||Futures Change|
All grain prices are subject to change at any time.
Cash bids are based on 10-minute delayed futures prices, unless otherwise noted.
- Wheat Mostly Lower on Friday
- Wheat was weaker on Friday. CBT led the way for the winter wheat, down 3 to 6 ¼ cents per bushel in the active contracts. KC HRW contracts were fractionally mixed. MPLS spring wheat futures were down 2 to 4 ¼ cents on the day. Monthly Crop Production data showed...
- Cotton Closes Up the Limit
- Cotton futures posted limit gains out through July ’23 on Friday. A dramatic cut to the US production number by NASS helped to push things higher. They will have expanded limits of 5 cents on Monday. USDA’s Crop Production report showed an increase to US abandonment, with harvested acres at...
- Hogs Mostly Lower on Friday
- Lean hog futures closed the Friday session with front months mostly 5 cents to $1.05 lower. The USDA’s National Average Base Hog price was $123.69 on Friday afternoon, up $2.32 from the previous day’s report. The August 10th CME Lean Hog Index was down 23 cents to $121.86. Front month...
- Cattle Weaker on Friday
- Live cattle futures ended the Friday session with front months 12 to 60 cents lower. Deferred contracts were steady to a nickel higher. So far this week cattle have changed hands at $144-148 in the north, up $4-5 on the week, with some $229-235.50 in the beef. Cash trade also...
- Corn Settles With Double Digit Gains
- Corn futures were skeptical coming out of the USDA reports but rallied into the close to post 10 ½ to 14 ½ cent gains in the front months on Friday. The NASS Crop Production report showed the initial corn yield at 175.4 bpa. That was down 1.6 bpa compared to...
- Soybeans Close Higher Following Brief Midday Push Lower
- Soybean futures had a bit of a fake out post USDA report, with contracts plunging 40+ cents intraday but closing 2 to 5 ¾ cents higher. The nearby contracts were the exception with August expiring and September up 14 ¾ cents. Meal was up $8.20/ton on the day, with bean...
Grantsburg, Wisconsin (54840)